Pool Safely Day July 28 – August 3, 2013
Pool Safely Day 2013
Week of July 28- Aug 3
Let us know how you’re participating in Pool Safely Day 2013 – an annual celebration of water safety designed to encourage all Americans to pool safely every day.
Participants from all around the U.S. will be celebrating Pool Safely Day 2013 during the week of July 28 – August 3, 2013. To have your support counted as a Pool Safely Day 2013 event, simply plan to participate by conducting any one or more of the following activities during the week of July 28-Aug 3, 2013:
- Host an event or activity at your facility to share water safety information, such as swim lessons, CPR training, or a water safety demonstration.
- Have your city or state issue a proclamation declaring one day during the week Pool Safely Day – a template proclamation is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incorporate Pool Safely messages or materials into pool-themed events that your organization is already conducting during that week.
- Display Pool Safely posters or make available other Pool Safely materials at your facility – free materials are available at email@example.com.
- Partner with a local fire department or public safety organization to set up a voluntary backyard safety check day for residential pools in your community.
Once you have determined how you’re going to participate this year, select the day that works best for your event, and register your participation by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of what you’re doing and contact information for our follow-up.
After confirming your plans, promote your involvement in Pool Safely Day 2013 though community outreach announcements, posting information on social media, or notifying local media. Please help us raise public awareness about water safety and drowning prevention by encouraging every American to pool safely every day. To learn more about Pool Safely Day 2013 or about the campaign please contact Julia Gotwald at (202) 667-0901.