Campaign Safety Collaborators
Campaign Safety Collaborators (CSCs) are highly engaged in the campaign and are committed to promoting the Pool Safely campaign at a significant level.
Although specific activities vary by collaborator, in general, each CSC commits to the following: partnering with CPSC on specific events and announcements; lending their organization’s name and logo to campaign materials as needed; posting information about the campaign and a link to PoolSafely.gov on their organization’s website; and sharing campaign information and resources with their networks, coalitions and local affiliates via a variety of channels, particularly social media.
Campaign Safety Collaborator Benefits
Pool Safely and its highest-level collaborators promote each other regularly, resulting in high visibility for both the campaign and the collaborator, and a powerful opportunity to raise awareness about pool and spa safety.
Becoming a Campaign Safety Collaborator
If you are interested in becoming a CSC, please e-mail: PoolSafely@CPSC.gov.
Campaign Safety Leaders
Campaign Safety Leaders (CSLs) are helping to promote awareness of the Pool Safely campaign by mobilizing their memberships and networks, promoting campaign events and participating in the following campaign activities as much as they can:
- Distributing a press release about the Pool Safely campaign
- Providing content about their water safety/drowning prevention events that can be used in the Pool Safely newsletter
- Distributing information about the Pool Safely campaign to listservs, membership lists and relevant networks
- Including an article about the Pool Safely campaign in a newsletter, magazine or other print/electronic publications
- Posting a link to the Pool Safely campaign online and/or embed a link to a Pool Safely video
- Following the @poolsafely Twitter feed and regularly retweet Pool Safely messages
- Tagging a Flickr photo of a water safety event with “Pool Safely”
- Co-branding any Pool Safely materials with your organization’s logo
- Signing-up for the Pool Safely newsletter
- Referencing the Pool Safely campaign in a media interview
- Sponsoring the placement of a Pool Safely campaign billboard, bus side or bus shelter PSA
- Attending an official campaign event
- Hosting an event highlighting the Pool Safely educational materials and message
- Organizing a visit with local elected leaders to inform them about the Pool Safely campaign
- Taking and sharing the Pool Safely Pledge
- Downloading and sharing the new Pool Safely app
- Listening to and sharing the Laurie Berkner Pool Safely song
Campaign Safety Leader Benefits
CSLs have a cross-promotional relationship with the Pool Safely campaign, including access to free educational materials and earned media opportunities as appropriate.
Campaign Safety Community
Members of our Campaign Safety Community (CSC) are involved in information sharing and may participate in certain campaign events as appropriate. Many members of the CSC cross-promote the campaign via social media as well.
To become part of the Campaign Safety Community, sign up for our newsletter below.