Just one year ago this month, we launched the Pool Safely blog! Over the past 12 months, the blog has shared nearly 50 posts. A few of the highlights include:
- Featuring nearly a dozen different organizations in our partner spotlights;
- Sharing our #SafetySelfie series with Olympians, CPSC leadership and prominent members of the water safety community;
- Highlighting the latest drowning and entrapment data;
- Creating a series on the simple safety steps around pools and spas; and
- Offering a behind-the-scenes look at some of the year’s biggest events, including Pool Safely’s involvement in the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics.
Most Popular Blog Posts
The Pool Safely blog has received thousands of views over the past year, but there were five blog posts that were very popular among readers. The most widely read posts from the past year were:
- Simple Safety Steps Series: Ensure all pools and spas have VGB-compliant drain covers and teach your children to stay away from drains
- Summer Safety Barrier Checklist for Pool and Spa Owners
- Do Your Children Know How to Pool Safely?
- Simple Safety Steps Series: Never leave a child unattended in or near the water
- Join Us for Pool Safely Pledge Week From July 17-23
We Want Your Feedback & Suggestions
The Pool Safely blog was launched to inform the public about water safety and is one of many ways the campaign promotes the efforts of our 1,000+ partners who work tirelessly to keep their communities safer. We hope you’ve found our blog posts useful, and we’d love to have your feedback! If you are interested in being featured in a blog post, have feedback on our content, or have a topic that you would like to see covered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive our blog posts straight to your inbox, sign up for our monthly newsletter. Thank you for reading and sharing the Pool Safely blog posts over the past year.
Here’s to another year of fun and educational blog posts!