February 22, 2017
The Pool Safely campaign has officially reached 50,000 Pledges and counting! Take a minute and check out this cool new video featuring many of our friends and partners. Thanks to all of you for helping us achieve this milestone. We hope you will continue to encourage your communities and networks to take and share the Pledge in 2017 so we can continue to work together to #stopdrowning.
Even during the cold winter months, a number of campaign partners have continued to reinforce water safety by taking and sharing the Pledge.
- Texas Swim Academy created a video promoting the Pool Safely Pledge using footage from last year’s World’s Largest Swimming Lesson joint event with CPSC.
- D&D Technologies announced its partnership with Pool Safely and encouraged readers to take the Pledge.
- The Drowning Prevention Coalition of Palm Beach County shared water safety information with families at the South Florida Fair and collected more than 4,000 Pledges, which pushed us over the 50,000 Pledge milestone!
A big shout out from CPSC goes to all of our partners who have continued to use Pool Safely materials and messages to educate their communities. Keep up the good work!
The campaign would like to welcome seven new organizations that partnered with Pool Safely this month:
- Giving Individuals Life Long Skills (G.I.L.L.S.)
- Law Offices of Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C.
- Little Swimmers Houston
- Redpro S.A.
- Swimfinity Swimming Academy
- Swimming Pool Steve
- The Law Office of Stephen Vertucci
If you have recently visited the Pool Safely blog, you may have noticed that we have launched two new series. We launched a blog series dedicated to the Simple Safety Steps, with each post taking an in-depth look at each step and offering additional resources from Pool Safely and our partners to help ensure you have the information you need to stay safer in and around the water. So far, the blog has published posts on supervision and safer drains. Keep checking back to see which safety step we will post about next!
As you have likely read in past newsletters, we have also launched on the blog our “Safety Selfie of the Month” feature. The first post highlights CPSC Commissioner Bob Adler! Please read his Safety Selfie post to learn how you can get your #SafetySelfie featured on the blog.
Pool Safely is looking forward to attending the National Drowning Prevention Alliance (NDPA) Educational Conference, which will be held in Pittsburgh from April 11-14, 2017. We are particularly excited that CPSC is part of the conference’s host committee this year! Please register to attend the conference by visiting the NDPA conference website. We look forward to seeing many of you in April!
Thank you for your continued support!
Pool Safely Campaign Leader
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission